Clan Absolute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Runescape Horror Stories!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Runescape Horror Stories! Empty
PostSubject: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:46 am

Ok guys, I thought it would be fun to swap runescape horror stories, (i.e. horrible deaths, losses, etc. in game). What made me think of this was an incident that happened to me just a day ago....

I was at armadyl duoing with a lvl 134 I meet on the forums. We had killed 10 or so bosses and I had plenty of brews left, but was also using bones to peaches. As a result, I was running around to get bones in between spawns of the boss. During one of these 'spawn times' I saw a bone spawn (the last minion that had been killed), I thought to myself " I can make it." I darted after the bone, and like a maniac did not activate range protect prayer.

For anyone that has not been to, or does not know about armadyl, he can hit in the high 60's if you do not have range pray activated. I got hit 65 by the boss and 21 by a minion. KO'ed!! To make matters worse, the lvl 134 finished soloing arma and landed a hilt drop that kill! I didnt believe him but he teled to fally with his tab directly from gwd and showed me the hilt. Twisted

So how about your stories? I have more to share later.
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

Number of posts : 345
Runescape : Xiahou Rien
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Lol great story Goaty.
As for one of mine, it happened at Haunted mine...with another end of boss scenario...that dang sorcerer Treus Dayth needed KO-ing. He was level 95 - easy stuff right?
Think i was level 80, but it wasnt the boss where the sickening horror came from...

It was those damn thick as plank mine carts!!! Going back and forth...never relenting till they get a kill. Zack/Zhoutai82 was with me and well... i was on mid health during the battle and then a ran into the car tracks..head on to a cart...took a good 20 seconds to repeatedly hit me over and over again.
My health than out after the first 5 seconds. sad
This was one of the first times i died and i was like "OMGOD IM DEAD. IM DEAD. ZACK IM DEAD" He thought it was the funniest thing to ever happen on runescape. I didnt share his enthusiasm.
All in all he safe guarded my stuff and i was able to beat the boss but boy...thats a quest that will live long in the memory.
Back to top Go down
Gribbz
Owner
Owner
Gribbz

Number of posts : 224
Runescape : Gribbz
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Haha nice stories. I remember Haunted mine, that quest was like the hardest one ive ever done for some reason :o.

My worst story was probably the following. Me and some friends had been going to zammy for 2-3 hours every day for 3 weeks. We wanted a hilt before we could retire from ever killing zammy boss again, and finally after hundreds of kills, we got one. A nice 8m split, which was also greeted with two zammy spear drops. So I have 9m on me, and we decide to stay and carry on fighting. My connection drops. I log in, and im alive. Phew. In the past, my connection was terrible and used to always randomly go down for several hours (just ask Lissa XD ). So stupidly I continue fighting, and our method was random tanking. Of course, the boss decides to focus on me when he spawns, and my connection decides to drop again. I die and immediately log out the game (which makes your grave disappear) - fortunately there is a 5 second window of opportunity when you die, and a friend managed to bless it. Well, half bless it, he hardly had any prayer points. As soon as I died, my other friend died, and the other two teleported. So my grave was sat there with a 30 minute time limit. My connection finally came back after 10 minutes and I log in to find myself in cammy with my three items. I quickly run to the bank and teleport to the GWD and begin to get my zammy killcount. I didnt want to hop worlds incase my grave disappeared (remember, I have around 9m cash and 3m in items there). However, 5 kills into my killcount, and two guys turn up, ranging the imps. I kindly asked them to hop worlds and explained my dilema, which turned out to be a bad idea, because they laughed and continued and told their friends to log into the world. So I was getting my killcount extremely slow, and I couldnt tell how much time was left on my grave.

I finally get into the lair and run over to my grave. I just made it in time and picked up my spoils, whilst nearly dying to the boss XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Wow gribbz! No wonder you now hate zammy. I wont bring up going there as clan event for a while.

Another horror story worth mentioning (though not mine)...

I was about a lvl 90 or so and lvling str at fire giants with my brother under the waterfall. During this time full guthans was worth roughly 13-14 million. I was going about my business when another individual came in to fire giants with full guthans, whip, fury, and several other items. After about 15 minutes the guy and I had been politely talking and he said he had to go. Evidently he used the time-out method to log out of the game. Unfortunetly for him a swarm random spawned and started attacking him. It took about 4 minutes or more, but eventually that swarm 1-2 hit him to death. Of course I got spear, helm, and a lot more upon his death (this was when your items simple dropped on ground without any delay or grave). I was happy, but I imagine he paniced when he logged back on. Probably thought he had gotten hacked. Poor guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:53 pm

lol so im guessing u kept the stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:30 pm

lol great story gribbz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:23 pm

i got a good 1 like the guthans 1 when i was a wee little noob like lvl 40 i used to get free tuna and go train on lessers i used to always watch the guy with full rune and wait and wait untill they died and went nuts for rune was probly the best time i would ofter sit and kill and wait for a good hour untill i got lucky scroed couple of rune picks and scimms /helms ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:17 pm

um yah i kept items, i didnt add him or anything and woulda given back had he messaged me. It pays off paying attention to who you meet =)
Back to top Go down
messenger535
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
messenger535

Number of posts : 250
Runescape : messenger535
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:34 am

ok i got one...

i was around lvl 80 (ish) and i was just fishing, i got a evil chicken random and thought hey i might aswell have a go..so off i go killing it at first it whent well...prayer was working doing some nice hits until i relise i have ran out of prayer because i didn't re-charge on my last use so now i'm panicing hits arnt as good as last and now the chicken is starting to dom some serious damage, so i try and run..i ran right out into the bank and thankfully i'm alive..the next minute i look at my health i'm on around 10hp...1 more hit and i was dead...i could have lost full granite (around when the legs were like 4mil or something and mauls were something like 200k) so yeah..lol
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/messenger535

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Well, I hadn't had much horror stories, but when I was doing Monkey Madness at I think lv 62, I kept failing trying to get through those Monkey guards in the temple. At that time, i had no protection prayers. Luckily, 2 people were there and repaired my grave. They did for 5 times (I died that much -.-) until they stopped. I got my items and teled. Now, when ever I visit Ape Atoll, I go to the temple and try to kill the monkeys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:56 pm

cool !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runescape Horror Stories!   Runescape Horror Stories! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runescape Horror Stories!
Page 1 of 1