Clan Absolute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Write about your culture!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Write about your culture! Empty
PostSubject: Write about your culture!   Write about your culture! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Recently got inspired to read on english sites about Swedish culture and such. Found out some new intresting things i havent thougth of, takeing things for granted. Lets see if i can find an example.... Yes, this is from the wikipedia article "cultrue of sweden":

Swedes have an egalitarian outlook. The concept of Jante Law is, in many areas and fields, still strong today in Sweden, and any form of elitism is likely to meet strong criticism. This attitude goes in hand with the Swedish lagomhet, the appraisal of modesty and humbleness. Swedes generally express themselves in very modest terms, especially when it comes to compliments and praises - when they say something is “totally okay,” that means it is very good indeed. In the same way, they are not likely to be harsh in criticizing others.

There is a strong drive for more individualist values, and these have, during the 20th century, taken over from the more collectivist tradition. Notably, there is a very strong support for tolerance towards same-sex relationships compared to most European countries, and Sweden is often thought of (and most Swedes think of their country) as a country with little xenophobia, which does not necessarily make it true.

The combination of embracing capitalist values and the Swedish agrarian modesty has produced an atmosphere that encourages hard work and honesty. Sweden generally has low corruption.

----

To what extent this is true i do not know, as an example we have very active Nazi-groups, but they are strongly disliked by all non-nazis.

Now i encourage YOU to read about your own country/culture, preferbly on a site from a different country/culture, atleast i had lots of fun doing it! And if you find something that chocks you or anytihng similar, dont be shy to post it! ^^
Back to top Go down

Write about your culture! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write about your culture!   Write about your culture! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:18 am

my ethnicity is hispanic and i learned at school we are brown because the spanish ,in a manner of speaking, laid with the native aztecs and inca and give us a brownsh color to our skin.i thought it was weird hearing it at first.
Back to top Go down

Write about your culture!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Absolute :: Off-Topic :: Everything-
Jump to: