Clan Absolute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your One Stop Shop for Money Making

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:20 pm

Surfing this Guides section you are bound to notice the large amount of money making guides scattered throughout. With all the different ways to make money, this of course is common. I thought as a way to make it easier for a member to find his/her favorite is to create a "master post" if you will, containing all of the ways to make money. So, I will try my best to gather the guides and put them here, giving credit to the original authors of course (Going to add some myself and tweak other guides as I see fit, so hopefully no one is offended). In the future hopefully this can become stickied and then all new ways to make money can be added on.

Oak Plank Running (created by Code Master8)

Items/Skills/Quests Needed: best woodcuting axe equipable, 7k GP, and ability to cut down oaks

Place: Northeast of Varrock

Method: Head to the oaks near the sawmill (Northest of Varrock) and cut down oaks until your inventory is full. Go to the sawmill and pay to have them turned into oak planks. Head to Varrock East Bank to deposit planks and pick up more money. Repeat process. Once you have your desired amount of planks, head to G.E. and sell them for a medium sized profit of roughly 160gp per plank.*

Dragon Scimitar Merchanting (created by Jake)

Items/Skills/Quests Needed: 66 magic, completed Recipe for Disaster, completed Monkey Madness

Place: Ape Atoll + Varrock

Method: Teleport to Ape Atoll With as much money as you are willing to spend (more money to start = more money from profit). Buy as many dragon scimmys as possible for 100k each from shop. Teleport to Varrock and head over to the GE. Sell Scimmys for desired amount to players (note - you must sell to players since the G.E. value is actually under the shop value). Repeat. This will gain a small profit of 5k-15kgp per scimmy,* but the method is very quick.

Short, simple, and to the point.
Enjoy.

Steel Bar Smithing (created by Ants)

Not only is this good money, but will help increase smithing along the way.

Items/Skills/Quests Needed: 30 smithing [optional - 30 mining, highest useable pickaxe]

Place: Varrock + Smithing spot of choice (Al Kharid would be my suggestion).

Method: Start by purchasing iron ores and coal ores on the G.E. You need 2 coal ores for every iron ore. [Optional Method is to mine the ores, giving 100% profit] Head over to nearest furnace and smith the ores into steel bars. Profit with buying all the ores comes out to roughly 193gp per steel bar*. [Profit with mining ores is 653gp per bar*]

Alternative: (created by Gribbz)

Extra Item Needed: Cannonball Mold.

Method: Bring the cannonball mold with you to the furnance (it will occupy the extra spot anyways) and once all the steel bars and smelted, mold them into cannonballs. You will recieve 4 per bar. Profit with buying the ores will increase to 260gp per bar* while if you mined your own ores, profit will be 720gp per bar*.

Herlore Collecting (created by Darking216)

Because of the extensive nature and images, I will simply supply a link to the page, and give you the basics here. Click Here

Items/Skills/Quests Needed: 400gp, Shantay's pass, and 20k to get 1k chocolate bars [pestle and mortar is optional]

Profit: A profit of roughly 71gp per chocolate bar* [roughly 88gp per chocolate bar* if you use a pestle and mortar to turn chocolate bar in to chocolate dust.]

* - All profits will change as market prices fluctuate. The estimate profit is from the market prices when this post was last updated.

Last edited by HuskyLegend on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:34 pm

PvP Quick Cash (created by Ants)

Items/Skills/Quests Needed: None! [higher defensive level would be beneficial]

Place: Falador

Method: Make sure your character has nothing equiped, and head over to a PvP world. (Its helpful to change your respawn point to falador if you can). Go to the Falador West Bank and collect all the food, potions, and arrows people drop. Quickly deposit them into the bank. If you die, no worries, you will just respawn at the bank without having to risk losing any of your items. (However, you will lose your loot if you don't bank quick enough). Profits obviously vary, but for the most part, a small profit of under 50k and hour should be expected.

Swamp Tar Collecting (created by Huskylegend)

Items/Skills/Quests Needed: None! [boots of lightness and other weight reducing equipment helps, although not significantly]

Place: Lumbridge Swamp

Method: This is a very simple method which is why I like it, however it does get very boring very quickly, so be warned. Head over to the lumbridge swamp with at least one inventory spot open.

Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Lumbridge_swamp

The area around the exclamation mark (the entrance to the Lumby Swamp Caves) will have swamp tar scattered around. If you follow the pattern, you can create a circling motion, collecting all of them, and then starting where you began, allowing you to collect an endless number. They are stackable, which again is why I favor this method (no pesty banking time!) so you can stay here as long as you would like. Once you have your desired amount, simply teleport to the G.E. and sell. On the current market, you will make an approx. profit of 220gp per tar*, however the average is normally 180gp per tar*. It generally takes around an hour to obtain 600 pieces of swamp tar.

* - All profits will change as market prices fluctuate. The estimate profit is from the market prices when this post was last updated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 pm

I will try and update my compilation frequently, and i strongly urge everyone to post there ideas of money making here as well. green Enjoy.

As a side note, please refrain from simply posting "good work, looks nice" or any other responses similar. Although these comments are polite and nice to hear that people enjoy your work, it will simply turn what could be an organized, logical post of money making guides into a messy, long post where users have to scroll down through numerous pointless posts to get to the next guide. Of course, positive critiques and ways to improve already existing methods are welcome, as well as entirely new methods. Thanks for your understanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:23 am

Gold ore mining

Items/Skills/Quests Needed:
Rune pickaxe (other picks works to, but to slow)
Charged skill necklaces (5-10, so that you dont need to recharge as often)
Brown apron
Ring of duellings (with charges as many as the amount of trips you want to take)
40ish crafting level (to enter crafting guild, help with exact level?)
40 mining level (higher is strongly recommended)
[optional] Legends quest (to recharge the necklaces, but you can also buy them charged and sell then uncharged for pretty much the same price, might take longer thou)

Place: Crafting guild and Castle wars

Method: Wear the pick, apron, a necklace and a ring. Use the necklace to tele to crafting guild and start mining the rocks. When you are full, use the ring to get to castle wars and bank the gold. switch rings/necklace if any of them are out of charges and repeat. Sells for aou 614 gp per ore. not includeing the cost of the necklaces (a one time cost of 135k for 10) and rings (they are cheap). The speed depends greatly on the mining level, if you got a high level it is recommended to go to a bit mroe crowded worlds as the rocks respawns faster there.

(some shameless advertiseing) If you need to know what else you can do with the ores, check out my guide tounge

(more of a tip than a guide: if you got 2 inventory slots to spare, use them to store a few nats and firestaff (or other staff with gives unlimited fire runes). While fighting or just walking around you might stumble across items worth more than an nats when high-alced but not as much so that you want to keep them in inventory, then simply high-alch them for exp and a little gold. Needs 55 magic)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:30 pm

well actually me friend duell(rss=Kwarlord) gave me that idea i just decided i share it ty though Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:40 pm

im hoping to buy an official guide frm rhq for late xmas gift if i get it ill add some fast 1ns ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:59 pm

i have one.
FUNGUS COLLECTING

items/skills/quests.
you require a blessed silver sikle recomended boots of lightness and spoted cape.high prayer lvl at least lvl 50.and the mort myre swamp quest(dont know name)

place: mort myre swamp

method:wear light equipment and keep a little low healing food in bank because ghasts will hurt you.to start enter the swamp and run down to the grotto to heal your prayer. then head about halfway back to canifis and you find 3 logs in a circle, stand in the middle and r click the sikle and operate,collect as much from the logs until your prayer runs out then bank in canifis and start again.this can be very frustrating as it takes anywhere from 1-8 prayer points to cast bloom and isnt a 100% chance fungus will come up.
alternative: if you have done desert treasure and have a kharil portal in your house, take tele tabs with you and just walk in the swamp dont go far and put yourself between 2 logs and collect. tele to house with tab and recharge prayer at your alter then walk into canifis portal and bank.
they sell for anywhere from 500-650gp on ge it has changed alot lately.when i do this i do first method mentioned and make around 150k an hour.

Last edited by nick on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:51 pm

nice gr8 guide and oh heres some ways to make cash wen ur a high lvl or tank. u cud go tank avansies since they drop alot of noted addy bars. Also kill drags in da wilder and use game necklace to bank- Gd money by sellin da hides and bones or bury bones for prayer exp or use at gilded altar for xtra exp and hides for crafting. green
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:06 pm

no offense but herblore collecting is kinda 2 long, cuz u hav to go all da way to get da choco and gain low profit for a long period of time. Well at least someone found a new method of making money for beginners. For beginners, u cud pik flax and spin em in to bs(bowstrings) at seers village- gd money and crafting exp or go ardy to da general store and buy vials of water for like 10gp ea (somewhere around dat price) and bank em, u cud sell da vials of water in GE for about 100gp ea (price varies from time on)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:25 pm

wow the vials of water would work good especially if u got like 4m just do that alot then sell i might even try it good one kern ~.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 pm

nice guides green dance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:29 pm

kern47 wrote:
no offense but herblore collecting is kinda 2 long, cuz u hav to go all da way to get da choco and gain low profit for a long period of time. Well at least someone found a new method of making money for beginners. For beginners, u cud pik flax and spin em in to bs(bowstrings) at seers village- gd money and crafting exp or go ardy to da general store and buy vials of water for like 10gp ea (somewhere around dat price) and bank em, u cud sell da vials of water in GE for about 100gp ea (price varies from time on)

i agree... herblore collecting is kind of boring.

vails of water are dropping in price rly fast atm tho...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your One Stop Shop for Money Making   Your One Stop Shop for Money Making Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your One Stop Shop for Money Making
Page 1 of 1