Clan Absolute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide to tanking Avansies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

Number of posts : 373
Runescape : mr giggles3
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Guide to tanking Avansies Empty
PostSubject: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:56 am

Sry messed up on this post go on to the second post for the guide Wink

Last edited by mr giggles3 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:37 am

Firstly the level requirments:
-70 range+
-70 defence+
60 strength OR 60 agility to get in.

Quests needed to get there:
-Death Plateau
-Troll Stronghold

Quests Suggested:
-Edgar's Ruse for a teleport to Trollheim to quickly get to Godwars.
-Temple of Ikov although not strictly required I STRONGLY suggest doing it for the armadyl amulet. For tanking you must have an armadyl item so you either do this quest or shell out for armadyl armour.
-Animal Magnetism for use of Ava's attractor/accumulator for much easier pick up of bolts

Equipment:
There is no one set up for Avansies tanking, although you MUST bring 1 saradomin item, and 1 zamorak item, as well as the armadyl amulet or a diffrent armadyl item.
Also since its called a tank you also want some high defence items the most commonly used are Torag's helm and Torag's legs together.And of course you wear a rune c'bow.
What i wear is:
Torag's helm
Ava's Accumulator
Armadyl pendant
Saradomin d'hide
Rune c'bow
Granite Shield
Zamorak Bracers
Snakeskin Boots
Ring of wealth

A couple other examples:
Guide to tanking Avansies Aviansiestankgear-1

Guide to tanking Avansies Aviansies-equipment

Inventory:(for approx. 600+ kills)

-If this is your first time to Godwars a Rope is required, but only for your first time
-Fire runes (or staff) and Nature runes for Alching (About 250 natures)
-Bones to Peaches tablets (about 100)
-Broad-head bolts for people with 55 or more slayer and mith bolts for those with under. (about 3k)
-Mithril Grapple
-Ranging potions (I only bring 4-6, but it doesn't last nearly the whole trip)
-Fill the rest of your inventory with food (Monkfish+)

Getting to the Godwars Dungeon:

If you HAVE NOT done Edgar's ruse:
Well you've got a long walk ahead of you and, you also need to bring Climbing boots. Firstly teleport to Burthrope games room and head west once you leave the building up the slope and through the shortcut in through the house of the guy you got your climbing boots from, and head north until you find a rock you can climb over. once over the rock go east climbing the slopes there and through the gates where "Dad" is and continue through the cave you find past him. Once through the cave follow the path past the rock throwing trolls (Make sure to turn on protect from range past these up until you hit the snow) you will see a path that branches off take it and it will take you to a giant boulder. Depending on your skills either use the crack in the wall or the giant boulder to get through. Run north past the wolves (protect from melee suggested past these) and head down into the dungeon (If this is your first time to godwars talk to the man leaning against one of the pillars). Once inside head directly south until you come to a giant gap, you may either cross this and fight avansies on the other side or stay put and fight avansies where you are.

Guide to tanking Avansies Path
Burthrope Method

If you HAVE finished Edgar's ruse:
After teleporting to Trollheim climb down the slopes on the west side and run down the hill until you come to a path that branches off do not go down the first one that you come to keep following the path past the rock-throwing trolls (make sure to use range prayer past these until you reach the snow), and choose either to pass the boulder or through the crack in the wall. Run north past the wolves (protect from melee suggested past these) and head down into the dungeon (If this is your first time to godwars talk to the man leaning against one of the pillars). Once inside head directly south until you come to a giant gap, you may either cross this and fight avansies on the other side or stay put and fight avansies where you are.

Guide to tanking Avansies Maptogodwars
Teleport method

Guide to tanking Avansies Aviansies--map Location within the dungeon

While killing avansies:
-Kill one at a time (obviously) and as you use food pick up the bones for later use. If you get the swordfish drop (5 of them) replace any bones you have in your inventory with them (once again obviously).

What to pick up:
-Noted Addy Bars (4x)- Most important item for money making PICK IT UP!
-Runite Limbs-Alch
-Rune Dagger (P)- Alch
-Swordfish (x5)- Pick up
-nature runes- Pick up
On the runes besides natures you can decide if you want to pick up:
They drop: Bloods, Laws, Chaos, Airs, Waters (I ususally do not pick up the airs or waters, but i do pick up the bloods laws and chaos)

Special thanks to Promised Guides for Most of the pictures, also thanks to F0rgotten0ne
Enjoy the guide green. (If I made any mistakes please point them out so I can edit them out quickly).

Last edited by mr giggles3 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hopefully last edit until the guide is done)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:56 am

Awsome Guide giggles, I go to avianses often, although I go into the actual arma dungeon normally. Also, I would recommend using a fighting familiar/ or bunyip. This is a multi zone and if you stay at avainses for 2-4 hours a run or more, a famliar hitting even an average of 2-3 hp each monster helps greatly in the long run.

Also, the guide did not stress the amount of cash players make here. I would estimate that a person with a range of 70+ would make at least 125k-175k an hour easy. I haven't actually calculated, but at 95 range and potted I can make around 200k-250k an hour here. Only prob is they dont drop charms; other than that they are the perfect monster to lvl range.
Back to top Go down
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanx for the info Goat didn't think about adding that kinda stuff
Back to top Go down
messenger535
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
messenger535

Number of posts : 250
Runescape : messenger535
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm

thanks for the info!!! i always like killling these dudes! so this is alot of help! thanks again! dance
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/messenger535
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks for comment mess and I think im going to update this in a day or 2 make it a little less for words maybe a few more pics and animations.
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

Number of posts : 345
Runescape : Xiahou Rien
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Nice guide...full of good info and detailed Pics!
Definitly be referring to this guide for any avansie killings green
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:33 pm

thanks for adding that pic of were bandos zammy and all them were i was planning on goin in a mass to sara for the first time but didnt know were it was so thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to tanking Avansies   Guide to tanking Avansies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to tanking Avansies
Page 1 of 1