Clan Absolute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)

Go down 
+2
Gribbz
Kraig
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gribbz
Owner
Owner
Gribbz

Number of posts : 224
Runescape : Gribbz
Registration date : 2008-10-10

21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 pm

mock exams are like practice exams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:46 am

i just started a new job so that i can be a mem on runescape and pay for my habits. A i just started on wensday and i already have 20 hours of over time, so if u don't see my on runescape thats why.
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

Number of posts : 345
Runescape : Xiahou Rien
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Good stuff peeps!
Well its winter peeps...cold, colds, and coldness! Plus Christmas is comming =D
As usual your life belongs in this thread! So feel free to share your humaness to your fellow clan members.
As for me ive got essays, clan stuff, dodgyness, and more essays.
Oh and im going to the light switch on in my town in Bolton on Sunday green
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 am

Yes kriag! x-mas soon, and 1 week till the 1st of december, where has the time gone hmm

What im hoping for x-mas;- Ds light, dvds and alarm clock <- a MUST need item and some clothes Happy

Going christmas shopping with my mate soon, im so excited for it all!@@! green Also should be putting up the decorations soon dance
Back to top Go down
Gribbz
Owner
Owner
Gribbz

Number of posts : 224
Runescape : Gribbz
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:04 pm

I do enjoy Christmas. Last year I spent a lot of time with my family and close friends, t'was the best xmas ever. Im going to get some clothes soon but will probably wait until the Jan sales.

Mm, nothing really on my mind right now. When days go as well as they did yesterday, im loving my life. My job is great, my private life is great, what more can a guy ask for? green

Time is going by so quickly, which is a good thing for me. I want the next few months to sail by, so then ill be fully qualified to request a Canadian work permit tounge
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Welcome to December! Christmas decorations up in my house so im in the spirit already!
Still ill refuse to listen to christmas songs for awhile yet tounge
Absolutely freezing in the UK...and were so used to mild winters. So much for global warming.
So hows your December? Mines going well so far because Bolton won again green
Got to do a group powerpoint presentation on ethics next Monday at Uni though...should be interesting to say the least.

EDIT: - Wow. 3 pages, and a star for this thread. Hawtness.
Back to top Go down
messenger535
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
messenger535

Number of posts : 250
Runescape : messenger535
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:06 pm

ahh good ol 21st centuary..how much i hate it!!!

global warming..well sometimes i think it's a good thing not that polar bears are getting extinct but the fact the england will be warm for once is a dream come true!! but apart from that everything is going well..apart from man c loosing badly to united..1-0!!! curse them reds!!! BUT always look on the bright side of life!
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/messenger535

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Tons of snow here ^^ today it is quite mild but a few days ago it was realy cold. Took some pictures on my way home with my mobile, might put em up later. I belive this is the thread with the msot posts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Yesterday it started SNOWING IN GEORGIA! I was walking out of gym class and it was freaking snowing in GEORGIA. I am canadian so i am use to snow but in GEORGIA! Pretty funny, Global Warming strikes again!
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:45 am

Lol we got snow here too! Caused havoc and withit freezing over it'll be like having an ice rink at your doorstep.
Plus its supposed to snow yet again tonight =x
Back to top Go down
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

Number of posts : 373
Runescape : mr giggles3
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 pm

I got some snow just lately also, but since I'm in Michigan that's not really big news....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Had another football match, we won 6-0! And this friday is the finals!! We played a east london team. They dident have no formation, and all they did was talk in the game...Towards the end their goaly grabbed one of our midfield players legs to stop her from scoring so she forced her leg out and at that time one of our strikers fell on the floor, the goaly must have thought it was our striker so punched her head to the floor so our vice captain ran in and punched the goaly in the face lol (i was just standing back watching this) then there whole team ran at her, so our team ran at them and then a massive fight happend, it was really funny...anyway 6-0 we was happy ^.^ well my fingers were numb...and i was freezing all over...but great result anyway Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:39 pm

Sadly I'm gunna ruin this talk of snow to a more somber subject (I know...bummer dude). Black Friday. Now, some people might not know what this is (Europeans maybe? Who knows what they're up to) but don't fear, i'll fill you in. It's the day after Thanksgiving where almost every major retailer in the country (that country being America...the best one of course. They may have this in those other, less important ones) has large sales. Everyone who wants to get cheap Christmas gifts for there loved ones, co-workers, dogs (hey...watch it...I love my dog cupcake very much.), themselves, etc... line up at 1am in the morning outside of stores, that when they open in 5 hours later, at 6am (openings differ, for example WalMart opened at 4am...cause well they're WalMart and they can do whatever they want to do.) they can be the first one to save 25% on that new Blackberry. Awesome!

Well this Black Friday, I experienced it for the first time myself (I know...get with the times already Adam!!...sorry.). I went to the outlet stores with a few of my friends at midnight (sales started the first minute it was officialy friday). Didn't really want anything, but they were pumped about saving some money off their new Nikes and Ralph Lauren fleeces, so since I was on Thanksgiving break from college...I figured what the heck. (They didn't really buy fleeces, that's just what came to my head at the moment. Don't judge me). Bad idea. Traffic for 3 exits before the outlets. Hour wait to get into some stores. Just as long of a wait at the registers. Annoying old people singing Christmas Carrols (it's not even December yet...get a life...or a hobby or something...). It was a mess. Worst part, since I wasn't really buying anything, I got coaxed into holding my friends spot in the line so once they picked out their stuff they could pay for it quicker. Fun....

Now you're probably thinking to yourself...that's terrible! are you okay? Yes, I'm alright, thanks for asking. (A lot of attractive women who wore tiny tight shirt and those sexy tight black sweat pants even though it was like 15 degrees out helped me get through it without being too tramatized). However, the next morning when I rolled out of bed at my usual time (2pm) I was told that a man was trampled at the WalMart in New York City while trying to open the door to let the mob of people waiting inside. Trampled and killed. How does that happen? I was terribly upset. (To prove to you how upset I was...I could only eat 4 of the 5 pancakes that my mommy made me...I was too upset to eat the 5th.) People are that animalistic to get that new Ipod for their daughter that its worth trampling a person to get it. In the heat of the moment to be the first to get the new Wii Fit, nobody cared that under there feet was a human...(the Wii fit is pretty awesome...tough choice...). Not only that, but WalMart reports that doors were literally ripped from the hinges with the surge of people. First off...who rips doors of hinges. That's really hard. (Don't believe me tough guy? Alright then, go rip off your front door and take a picture of it. Yeah..that's what I thought.) Second, society has made people so absolutely ridiculous that they rip doors off the hinges to save 20% off a new coffee maker. Wow. I'm a little upset that I'm considered part of that society.

So, from that moment on, I vowed never again to support the shopping craze of Black Friday, and I encourage all of you to do the same. (However, that vow might break just as my New Years Goal to look like Jude Law did. We'll see.)

P.S. - Thanks for those 2 members who actually read this far! Just so you know, this post is dripping with sarcasim, so use your judgement before flaming me. green
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Uwhh, is it even worth hours of wait for 20ish% off? If they worked that time they would probably made more money then they saved.... but i guess most proffesions dosent include pretty womens? tounge Anyway, i belive the main reason to why it was so much preassure was that people ekpt thinking that the can move a little closer, wih most people doing that, the total pressure get huge...

Nicely written story, we need more of those ^^

In sweden the stores got a huge sale during "mellandagarna" (the days between christmas and new years) with up to 80% off, it is not as berserk as black friday sounds, but still quite crowded. But i often like when it is becuse then me and some friends navigate thru a labyrinth of people as fast as possible while touching them as little as possible, a fun way to train reflexes. Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:33 pm

lol husky i read that, it was awesome, it is a little sad that people would kill a human just to get awesome prices but i meen, dont that market have more stuf@!@@!@ lol :p

anyway, love the story, very awesome
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 am

Yeh i heard about black friday - just taking that hunt for a bargain a little to far.
Good story though, hope it just makes the people involved think a little before disregarding each others safety.

Oh and as for the forum games. Good stuff - but which one do you like!
Gotta say, Jess's idea was 10/10 for simplistic greatness but husky's is fighting back tounge

Also, if Bolton beat Chelsea, ill make a football/soccer thread in dedication of it. =D
Back to top Go down
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Yea Husky I heard that story too....It is kind of sad, but those New Yorkers are just crazy. Anyways I've never gone shopping on black friday I'm just not a fan of shopping in the first place, and waking up at 1 in the morning for it is equal to torture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:22 pm

has anyone relized that pro athletes get paid more then the american government officals?thats messed up. People pay sports which they love and get to take steroids while regular people get paid 7 bucks an hour!what the crap!whats wrong with america! i say we boycott america!!!yahhH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 am

Lol thats bad but footballers wages in the Premierleague are proberly worse! They get paid into the tens of millions all for the name sake of playing football/soccer.
Heres a link which also has a handy conversion of pounds to dollars, mind you this was afew seasons ago so its proberly increased too!

http://www.soccerfiesta.net/the-10-highest-paid-soccer-players/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:59 pm

It's not hard to realize why they get paid so much if you think about. Take American Football for example. Every game the stadium fills up with thousands of people buying tickets, beer, food, etc. On top of the people actually watching the game live, you have the other millions of people who watch it on TV. Advertising money pours in from inside the stadium along with commercials. Sale of merchandise brings in tons of more cash. Therefore, they have tons of money in order to buy players who are the best of the best, to keep those fans funneling money into the organization.

Now government officials on the other hand...there's not really much profit they attract, so they can only get paid a certain percent of tax dollars. Since its an ongoing struggle to lower taxes, their salaries can't be in the millions of dollars.

However, most politicians have a main way to get money, from a previous business venture of some sorts, so they really don't need a high salary from their government job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Sky comet, there is always a reason to why teh salerys is the way they are, the owners of the team dosent pay becuse they want to, they pay becuse (very) good players are in high demand.

Lets also be happy that ministers and such dosent get incredibly much, if they live independent from economy, then how could they symphatise with the people during economicla crises?

(wooh, 4 pages)
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 am

Nearly at the Christmas break...which i need so badly!
Left side is killing me and i get the "im not sick but im not feeling well" feeling. Bah! I blame the essay that i need to complete...and writing christmas cards...and sending of for a passport...
Oh well. Off to a party tomorrow which should make things a lil bit better. x]

Feel free to post whats on your minds ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh boy I feel you Rien, finals are killing me. Today i had my world geography final which i studied probably a cumulative amount of 9 hours for. I even woke up early this morning (it was at 10:30am, just got back) so i could run over to the cafe and get a healthy breakfast, plus a good 2 hours of studying in before the test. So, I get to the test, feeling pretty prepared (as most people would having studied that amount), yet when i get handed the test, the whole first page was material i had never even heard of. Luckily once i got past that, i was able to cruise threw the rest of it fairly easily, but i nearly had a heart attack when i had to guess the majority of like 15 questions in a row.

Anyways, my last final tomorrow (History) and i'm pumped. One more day of all out studying and I will be done done done. Not to mention, it's probably going to be my second easiest exam, since history was one of my favorite classes. After that i get to go out saturday night and get trashed with all my friends from home.

(P.S. sorry that i've been real inactive this week, but hopefully this clears it up. I'll be back to normal after this weekend.)
Back to top Go down
mr giggles3
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
mr giggles3

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 pm

HEHE I don't get my finals for highschool till after break ^^. As for my college classes I purposfully picked classes that have other projects instead of final exams to do so I'm pretty happy about that ^^.
Back to top Go down
Kraig
Friend of Clan
Friend of Clan
Kraig

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:41 am

Good stuff - its alright Husky, gotta get the hard work outta the way so you can relax when its all over and done with.
Last day of Uni for me today till im off for my Christmas break, but ive also got the matter of a presentation evening of long talks, and the odd award at my old six form college which i spent 2 years at. Good times but ill be so glad when im off green
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)   21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

21st Century Life!! (Your say on everything and Anything!)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next